Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Rose is A Rose - I Brake For Stamps

Happy Sunday everyone!  


I am just returning from my family vacation down at chilly Virginia Beach.  I thought it would be warmer like Florida but I guess not at this time of the year.  Oh well, it's a lot warmer than NH.  So I ventured on the airplane with my new copic carrier loaded with ALL of my markers.  I can't stand to be without them when it is raining or I have some time to color.


So I took some images and had some time on my vacation to relax with my family and color some images.  This is great because that takes up some time when I could be creating my cards.  


Today it was my turn to update the I Brake For Stamps blog.  I decided to go with this beautiful rose that comes in a half sheet with other stamps that I grab for ALL the time.  I just love them.  



So when I got up this morning I scoured my TJ Newsletter techniques and decided on a couple.  I combined the stacked nesties with the polished mulberry techniques.  I cut my mulberry paper with my spellbinders die and then used another stamp in the floral plate #2 from I Brake For Stamps.  


I embossed the Ruby paper with my cuttlebug folder and cut it into 2 1.5 inch rectangles and a larger 3.5 rectangle.  I cut the swirls from my Magnolia Doohickey Die and added some Sun Sisters glimmer mist.  I also added the same glimmer mist (and Candy Apple Red glimmer mist) to the flowers from Petaloo and Maya Road.  These along with the Lost and Found pearl swirls were all freebie thank you gifts from SCACD.  






I colored the roses with copics (petals: R29, 22, 21, 20 ; leaves: YG99, 93, 91; background: Y00, Y0000)


Papers:  Stampin Up!, Paper Temptress (Ruby Mica/Metallic - shiny IRL), and Mulberry Paper from a local scrapbook store.


And there you have it.  Hope you have a great Sunday!


Oh yeah, I see so many cool signatures out there, I thought I would try my hand using my Photoshop Elements 10 software to come up with my own, let me know what you think!


Happy Crafting!







No comments:

Post a Comment