Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Christmas Card - Plaid

This is a Christmas Card I made with a stamp from I Brake For Stamps called Happy Holidays Ornament.  I used a technique from the TJ newsletter called plaid.  I used my copic refills to create a background that matched with my image.  I colored the image with copics.  I colored the fir top on the rubber stamp directly with my Stampin Up! markers in green.  I cut the circles with spellbinders and added some bling to the corner.  I distressed the outside of the image with my distress inks.  



Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!!!



SHARE:

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Tie Dye - Halloween

Della from I Brake For Stamps has some great new stamps from Rick St. Dennis...this one is called Ichabod.  I colored him with copics.  He is sooo cute.  There are so many new stamps in the store, be sure to check them out.

I used a TJ Newsletter (January 2004) called Tye Dyed Filters.  This is such a fun and easy technique.  I can't wait to do more.  I also used the tried and true "out of the nestie box" which I usually do on all my cards.  This allows more of my backgrounds to show.



I am off to do more cards (hopefully some Christmas ones).  Have a crafty day and thanks for stopping by!
SHARE:

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Doodle Pantry - Tie dye

So today I spent some time in my scrapbook room yeehaw...today was all about tie dye techniques.

Let's start at the beginning.  My girlfriends daughter is having a rough couple of weeks and needs some cheering up so I picked this cute little doodle pantry image "quirky lizard" and colored him with some cheery copic colors.  I cut him out with my spellbinders and used the out of the nestle box technique which always helps me keep as much of the background showing as possible.

I always start with my colored image as I usually make my backgrounds to match.  Sometimes I pick papers and color the picture to match them but it's rare.  I needed something to make my image pop, hip as she is in college and something easy and fun to do so I can give the card to my girlfriend tomorrow.  Hence the tie dye background.

First I wanted to show you all the ones I did.  I think the one I picked was the one that came out the best for the image I had.  I found this great tie dye techniques website and modified the instructions as I wasn't using t-shirts.  I now have some great backgrounds made for future images...love when that happens.

Ok, enough rambling...
 

And here is the card and the one I used on it...I am entering it into doodle pantry's challenge.



Well thanks for listening and hope you have a crafty day!!!!

Tricia

SHARE:

I Brake For Shells

I got these great stamps from the I Brake For Stamps store this week.  I needed some shells images to develop a picture collage for my mom's bathroom.  She has a beach theme with lighthouses and such.  I thought these image would be perfect.  I colored each with copics.  

The background was done with a technique called Antiqued Glimmers.  I distressed the edges of the cardstock and the edges of each image.


Image 1:  Conch Shell 2
Image 2:  Crown Shell 2
Image 3:  Large Shell 1


I know this will be a great addition to my mom's bathroom!
  Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty day!




SHARE:

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Christmas Card #3

I am not getting nearly as far as I would like on my Christmas cards this year.  I will have to hunker down and really start cranking.  I got some new stamps from I Brake For Stamps that will help me with that.

This one is called O Little Town Scroll and you can get it here.  It just screamed heritage to me.  I hope you like it.  The sentiment is also from I Brake For Stamps too called Happy Holidays holly and you get it here.  I know I will be using that one a lot.

The TJ Newsletter techniques used are "Popped Embossing" & "Burnt Edges".



Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a crafty day!


SHARE:

Baby Boys ...

Here is a card for a baby boy that I made with a digi stamp from I Brake For Stamps called Bear and Blocks.  You can never have enough baby cards around I think.  I colored the image with copics.  The background is done with a TJ Newsletter technique called cuttlebug highlights.  The tag was done with a punch and stamps from Stampin Up!  I also used a technique from the current TJ newsletter called Frayed Ribbon on the top of the tag.  I used my spellbinders to cut the image out with the Out of the Box technique. 




HAVE A CRAFTY DAY!



SHARE:
© The Passionate Stamper. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig