Sunday, September 9, 2012

Doodle Pantry - Tie dye

So today I spent some time in my scrapbook room yeehaw...today was all about tie dye techniques.

Let's start at the beginning.  My girlfriends daughter is having a rough couple of weeks and needs some cheering up so I picked this cute little doodle pantry image "quirky lizard" and colored him with some cheery copic colors.  I cut him out with my spellbinders and used the out of the nestle box technique which always helps me keep as much of the background showing as possible.

I always start with my colored image as I usually make my backgrounds to match.  Sometimes I pick papers and color the picture to match them but it's rare.  I needed something to make my image pop, hip as she is in college and something easy and fun to do so I can give the card to my girlfriend tomorrow.  Hence the tie dye background.

First I wanted to show you all the ones I did.  I think the one I picked was the one that came out the best for the image I had.  I found this great tie dye techniques website and modified the instructions as I wasn't using t-shirts.  I now have some great backgrounds made for future images...love when that happens.

Ok, enough rambling...
 

And here is the card and the one I used on it...I am entering it into doodle pantry's challenge.



Well thanks for listening and hope you have a crafty day!!!!

Tricia

10 comments:

  1. Tricia that little dino is so darn cute and I just love your tie dying, those filters are awesome and what a great background for that little cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tricia,
    Your backgrounds are wonderful and look like it might be fairly easy to do. Did you fold your filters or what? What type of inks did you use and how did you apply them? Would you mind sharing and sending me the "deets" to vickiromaine@yahoo.com ? I'd like to try this out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Love the vibrant color and that tie dyed background is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card! Love that tie dye background and the cute little image you used. Your friend's daughter will love it and put a smile on her face. Thanks for joining us at the Doodle Pantry challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic coloring on the image, Tricia, and I love the tie die technique! I'm going to try that one, myself. So glad you shared it with us here at the Doodle Pantry challenge this month. Good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DP DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, they are all so beatiful. Leave it to you to seek out more information. You never cease to amaze me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG - LOVE the tie dye - perfect for just about any age. Love the quirky lizard too - the coloring is amazing and I am sure it will cheer your friends daughter up. Thanks for entering this month at Doodle Pantry Challenge. DP DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love the tie dye what a great background and I adore how you coloured the lizard! Thanks for joining us at DPDC#27!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love making my own backgrounds too so I really love your tie dye technique. Plus it looks awesome with your image. I'm sure your friends daughter is going to love this card! Thanks for joining us at the Doodle Pantry Digital Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous! The tie dye background is perfect with this adorable DP image. Thanks so much for joining the fun at Doodle Pantry!

    ReplyDelete