Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Happy Birthday Grampa - 27 Essex Super Sixx

My grampa's 87th birthday is in October.  I found this newspaper ad in his pictures that I scanned a couple years ago.  If you hadn't noticed I have been doing a lot of masculine cards using cars lately.  This one is no exception.  I thought it would be a real surprise for my grandfather to see his car that he had for a long time. 
 
 
This is a picture of the car with my grandmother sitting on it.  I am not sure if it was blue or black as it is a black and white photo..lol.
 
 
So now that I have kept you in suspense, here is the card I made for him.  I used the antique bookplate technique from the TJ Newsletter with a twist.  I actually used an actual ad for the car and cropped it.  I put the digital car on top and printed it.  I colored the car with copics.  I antiqued the outside with my Distress Inks. 
 
 
 
I hope he likes it and I hope you do it.  I have some more masculine car cards up my sleeve...so stay tuned.
 
Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty day!
 
Tricia

SHARE:

2 comments

© The Passionate Stamper. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig