Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

Happy Birthday - Wet Stencil

Lots of birthday cards to catch up on lately...hopefully I can start on my Christmas cards soon.

I just love this technique from the April 2009 Technique Junkies newsletter.  It yields such great results.  Each time you re-spray the stencil with water the image gets softer and more watercolor like.  I thought it would be the perfect background for this really cute chameleon from Doodle Dragon designs. 



I colored the image with copics and cut him out using the ever popular "out of the box" technique.  The watercolor crayons and sentiment are from Stampin Up!  I got a new die from memory box that I circled around the sentiment.  It was really cool to twine it with the chameleon's tail.

This is actually a birthday card for my father-in-law who has a "Gecko Bar" on his lanai.  I try to find unique ones to do on his cards.  This is a close as I could find.

Thanks for stopping by and have a crafty day!

Tricia
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. This is so cute! Love that background and great color choices.

    ReplyDelete

© The Passionate Stamper. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig