Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Lots of crafting

WOW, it's great to have time to create.  I love having the time to do what makes me happy and sane.  It seems this week I have had a serious mojo this week for creating cards.  After I created the last few masculine car cards that my mom needed me to make her a couple for my uncles who spend all of their time restoring their favorite cars. 

This one is for my Uncle George who loves old Fords.  He just restored this 1955 Ford Crown Victoria.

Here is a picture of his car.

 
 
The sentiment is from Doodle Pantry.  The stencil is from Kite.  I used it to create the background with the copic stencil technique from the technique junkies newsletter.  The car is colored with copics (of course!).  I used distress inks to antique the edges.  I love the cogs so much that I am putting them on EVERYTHING...It makes me happy.  I used some Gina K Design red paper for the matting along with one of the border stamps to create the lace in between the sentiment and the car.
 


 
 
I am waiting for a picture of my Uncle Bob's card so I can make his birthday card.  Hopefully will have it soon. 
 
 
TTFN...hope you have a crafty day!
 
Tricia
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love the card! Where did the car stamp come from? With a hubby and 3 sons who all love their cars, this one would be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Got my driver's license in one just like this but 2-tone green and w/o the continental kit on rear bumper! Loved that car - Dad let me trade it in to get 59 Ford Galaxie 2-door Hardtop in Geranium pink & white! Boy, I'd love to meet Uncle George! He and I could swap some good old Ford stories and pictures - always been a Ford Female and my Dad's only "son" - ha - he didn't have another kid but me and I loved being my Dad's mechanic helper! Nelda in TN

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this stamp, too. Is it digi or rubber? Where could I find it?

    ReplyDelete

© The Passionate Stamper. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig