Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pulled Colors - I Brake For Stamps

This cute little bear is an exclusive from Rick St. Dennis for I Brake For Stamps.  He was so fun to color with my copics.  

I used a current TJ Newsletter technique called Pulled Colors.  I didn't have any acrylic paint so I had to do some improvising.  I tried the technique on several types of papers, regular cardstock, cheap watercolor paper and good watercolor paper.  I also used gesso and then tried lumiere super sparkle. I also did a variance of water and my glimmer mists to see what I got for results.  I will share some of my creations on future projects.

Anyhow, onto the current project.  This cute little bear begged for some halloween colors.  I used my distress ink (mustard and fired brick to make orange) and dusty concord.  I bought some new acrylic paint so that I can try the technique as it was intended...can't wait to see the results.

So thanks for stopping by and hopefully I will have more to share tomorrow.

Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment