Saturday, April 5, 2014

Goodbye To My Friend

It has been an emotional week for me and my friends, we lost our good friend Raquel to a brain aneurism.  She suffered 2 brain aneurisms in September of 2013.  We have watched her fight for 6 months for her 2 boys, her husband, family and friends.  She started at Tufts Medical Center and then transferred to Spaulding Rehabilitation and Crotched Mountain Rehabilitation center with her final stop at Merrimack Hospice.

On April 2, 2014 Raquel left this world with her loving family and friends surrounding her.  It was a sad but extremely peaceful and loving experience.  I will miss my friend but I know she is home with God and watching over each of us.

I made this image for her husband.  Raquel really loved butterflies and this image reminded me so much of her, he said the same thing when I gave it to him...

I am entering this into Aurora Wings - Anything Goes challenge.



Have a great day and hold your love ones close...life is short and needs to be celebrated every day.

4 comments:

  1. WHat a beautiful tribute to a special friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is breathtaking and such a wonderful tribute to your friend. Thank you for joining our first challenge at Aurora Wings. Mitzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous tribute to your friend, Tricia! Your stunning work will be a lasting reminder for family and friends of Raquel's beautiful life. I'm so sorry for your loss. Thanks you so much for joining our very first challenge at Aurora Wings. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a stunning tribute to a dear friend. Beautifully colored, and the love shows in your work.
    Sorry for your loss.
    Thank you for joining us at Aurora Wings.

    ReplyDelete