Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2014

Farewell Picture

I am attending the funeral of my dear friend Raquel tomorrow.  I made a picture for her husband and wanted to do something for her sons, sister and mother.  I am posting them all here.

First is a digi image fro Doodle Pantry called SnowDrops.  I am entering this into this months challenge.

I was talking Raquels oldest son Cody and he mentioned that he loved her birth flower (January) called a SnowDrop. He said it wasn't a boring sunflower or such but it was this crazy flower that blooms in the winter and doesn't look all that spectacular until you see it opened and then WOW what a flower.  It was so touching I made a 5x7 with the Doodle Pantry image.

This image is from Aurora Wings colored with copics.  I made this one for her sister Kelly.  She is so beautiful and goes along with the butterflies that Raquel always loved. 


I made this picture for her mom.  The rose is from Aurora Wings, the sentiment is from Gina K Designs, and the writing is from Cornish Heritage Farms.  I colored it with copics.  It was for this weeks Technique Junkies Newsletter try that technique challenge, layered portions.


Last but not least it was hard to figure out to do for her youngest son Austin.  He is such a quiet kid and seems to hold his emotions inside so I had to come up with something on my own (with a little help from Raquel me thinks :))  I designed this one myself and colored it with copics.  I added the sentiment to make sure he knows his mom is smiling down on him


Tomorrow will be a very long and emotional day and I am hoping these small tokens will give my friends family some peace and something to cherish for years to come.

Love you guys!!!

Love Tricia
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. What a touching and beautiful tribute for this family to cherish! Great job all the way around~ thanks for playing with us at Doodle Pantry!
    Carolyn, DT

    ReplyDelete

© The Passionate Stamper. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig