Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

My baby is graduating...where does the time go

Well, what can I say, I feel OLD.  My son, my one and only child, my baby is graduating this year in June.  I am so proud of all he has accomplished and I am so excited to see where his future takes him.  I hope he has a wonderful life and is prosperous in every way and as happy as happy can be.  

Ok, enough blubbering before I cry.  I made this card for him today.  I wanted to make sure I had plenty of time to get it done.  His school colors are blue and white.  I tried to capture the right blue on his cap and gown.  He loves his jeans, sneakers and he has a lot of dark purple shirts.  I wish you could see how vibrant the colors are IRL.
The background is done with a relatively old TJ Newsletter technique called Bingo Blast.  I used my distress ink stains and I love love love the way it came out.  I think it is so perfect for the image. 

I used a digi image fro Mo Manning colored with copics.  I used Stampin Up! sentiments as well as two step stamps for the faux fireworks.  They are from a flower set that I have where you stamp the flower petals and these are the insides of those flowers.  I thought they would make perfect fireworks.

So I hope he likes his card and I hope you enjoy it as well.  Have a crafty day and as always thanks for stopping by.

Tricia

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. What a great technique. Perfect choice for the card you've made.Love your card as well. The grad looks like he's jumping right out of the card!!
    Hugs
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, great job, Trish! I love seeing all your artwork, especially your great Copic coloring, the fireworks, just everything about this card and how you explained it is awesome. I recognize those flower centers as being from SU, but not sure if I have that set or not...do tell if you recall its name. Take care, Suetta

    ReplyDelete

© The Passionate Stamper. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig