Well, what can I say, I feel OLD. My son, my one and only child, my baby is graduating this year in June. I am so proud of all he has accomplished and I am so excited to see where his future takes him. I hope he has a wonderful life and is prosperous in every way and as happy as happy can be.
Ok, enough blubbering before I cry. I made this card for him today. I wanted to make sure I had plenty of time to get it done. His school colors are blue and white. I tried to capture the right blue on his cap and gown. He loves his jeans, sneakers and he has a lot of dark purple shirts. I wish you could see how vibrant the colors are IRL.
The background is done with a relatively old TJ Newsletter technique called Bingo Blast. I used my distress ink stains and I love love love the way it came out. I think it is so perfect for the image.
I used a digi image fro Mo Manning colored with copics. I used Stampin Up! sentiments as well as two step stamps for the faux fireworks. They are from a flower set that I have where you stamp the flower petals and these are the insides of those flowers. I thought they would make perfect fireworks.
So I hope he likes his card and I hope you enjoy it as well. Have a crafty day and as always thanks for stopping by.
Tricia

What a great technique. Perfect choice for the card you've made.Love your card as well. The grad looks like he's jumping right out of the card!!
ReplyDeleteHugs
Barbara
Great, great job, Trish! I love seeing all your artwork, especially your great Copic coloring, the fireworks, just everything about this card and how you explained it is awesome. I recognize those flower centers as being from SU, but not sure if I have that set or not...do tell if you recall its name. Take care, Suetta
ReplyDelete