Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Very Special Card Box

I wanted to make a box to hold the cards I received from all over the country for my girlfriend Raquel who suffered 2 aneurisms almost 2 months ago.  She is 45 years old.  She was in Tufts Medical Center for a little over a month and is now at Spaulding Rehabilitation Center.

We have been praying for Raquels recovery and to support her husband and 2 sons.  I have known Raquel since high school, she is a vibrant, out spoken, wonderful woman who is strong in everyway.

I sent out a request to my Junkies pals to get some homemade cards to help lift her family's spirits and to be able to give her when she is recovering.

I found a recipe for this box on Scor-Pals website.  I was so excited because I really was looking for something easy to make to be able to create some for Christmas presents.  I will put a variety of cards in the box for my mom and sister-in-law (they love my cards <3 nbsp="" p="">
Ok, so here is what the box looks like when it is open.  It is 2 inches tall which allows for lots of cards to be put inside.



I used Gina K Designs cardstock which is very sturdy.  I decorated the top with a stamp from Susana's Custom Art and Card Design "Classic Eyes" colored with the no line technique with copics.  I airbrushed copic markers with a stencil to create the background behind her.  I used my dies to cut her out and added some swirls along with matching flowers (white colored with glimmer mist to match).  The background for the top and sides was done with the Technique Junkies newsletter technique called Alcohol Ink Splatters from April/May 2013.  I used my copic refills.

 
Here is what the sides look like.All sentiment stamps from Inkadinkadoo.

 
 

 I hope you like the box, and I really hope her family loves it.

Thanks for stopping by!  Have a crafty day!

Tricia

 
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Tricia this is wonderful. i am sure Raquel will be so moved. i was too slow answering the call to send a card for your friend but if you do a second batch please let me know. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thoughtful and kind Tricia- Raq will love reading all of these.. Tip

    ReplyDelete

© The Passionate Stamper. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig