Wednesday, July 18, 2012

I Brake For Ombre Watercoloring

Happy Wednesday!!!

I just returned home from a family vacation down to the beach.  I got to spend some time with my son, parents, brother & sister-in-law, two nephews, aunt, uncle and cousins.  We do it every year and always have a wonderful time.  I returned home this morning to spend some quality time with, you guessed it, ME!  I love to spend a couple of days in my craft room making cards.

I have got to get started on my Christmas Cards!!!  I love Christmas in July.  You'll be seeing those real soon, hopefully work will not interfere with my fun.

I created this card using the new TJ newsletter for June.  It is called Ombre' Watercolor Resist.  I also used the spirelli technique on the embellishment.  Ombre watercolor resist was a really quick and easy technique with beautiful results.  I used the butterfly image and the background image called Leaf Flourish XLG are from I Brake For Stamps.  I have some fantasy film that I was trying out a while ago with the butterfly stamp.  I watched a You Tube video on how to use it.  I have had the butterfly laying around and decided to attach it to the background I made today.  I used Distress inks on the background along with stampendous gold detail embossing powder.  The sentiment is from Stampin Up!


I took a picture of the side as well so you could see how it is raised.  I attached it to my card with tacky glue.

Well, back to work ...hee hee hee...thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment